Would you like to join the knights? Worried you won’t fit in? Don’t Be!
The Knights are an extremely friendly sports team where there’s a position for everyone, no matter your size, knowledge of the sport or fitness level.
Below are a few points about Training.
- We train at our home field at Cooke Rugby Club, Belfast.
- The preseason begins in January, and training runs every Sundays except for during the season when there matches.
- Regular season usually runs from February to August
- Training times: Sunday from 10.00am to 1.00pm. During the season and in the lead up to the first game there are usually half-kitted practises on a Thursday evening as well.
- The team’s gym activity is pretty much up to the individual, but a lot of the guys would train together.
- You don’t need any gear to get started, just a decent pair of boots (soccer or rugby boots are fine, but most guys move on to buying hi-top football cleats eventually), and a decent set of thermals (pre-season is COLD.)
- There will be team pads and helmets available to borrow to get you started, you don’t have to jump straight into buying expensive gear!
- No football experience required, but it will help if you are a fan of American Football or at least know the rules before your first session.
- Full contact, senior football is 18 years and up only. Under 18’s currently cannot play full contact American Football in Ireland.
We look forward to meeting you!